Monday, January 19, 2009

VENT--Politics.

Ok so I was downstairs putting up pictures and my grandma has the CNN news on or something, and of course all they are talking about is Obama.. which I don't care, I mean he becomes our president tomorrow. HOWEVER, with today being Martin Luther King day, and tomorrow being the BIG DAY...the news reporters are only talking about Barack being AFRICAN AMERICAN.
They are talking about how we are going to be watching an African American father with his wife and two young daughters grow up in the white house..and blah blah blah..
Honestly, he is a freaking PERSON, his daughters are young girls..his wife is a middle aged lady, I could really CARE LESS IF THEY ARE BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!
You are segregating the President and his family, because every sentence begins with..he's African American.

What if he was Chinese, would you say..oh we are watching a Chinese family in the white house..
we are watching a Mexican family grow up with two young girls..NO you probably wouldn't mention it.

I want tomorrow to be over with, I want the next few weeks of news coverage to be over with.

I also don't want to see children's books and games about Obama...did we have those when Kennedy was president..clinton...bush...washington!? NO! So why they hell..oh wait it's cause he's African American...I forgot that already..

McCain/Palin 2012. HAHAHHAAHHA

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I agree. I do not hate Obama at all, but seriously this all feels like a coronation of some sort. It's freaking me out a little. I am actually starting to feel bad for the guy. I hope he lives up to his "Savior" status. Sadly, even if he does screw up, Bush will most likely take the blame. hahaha.