Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa.. you would have been 74.

So in 1992, April 23rd, my grandpa died. He was only 56 years old. Yesterday Matt and I were trying to kill time so I said let's go find my grandpas grave. I didn't realize at the time that today is his birthday. After searching forever, I knew it was near a tree and on the left side.. I finally found his stone. I was on the phone with my mom and I was holding back tears. I think I am really emotional about it because my dad is now a grandpa and I just realize how much grandfathers mean to their grandchildren. I was never that close to my grandpa only because I was young and he was sick most of the time. My other grandpa was just never around. I want August to grow up with a good relationship with his grandpas (and grandmas of course).
That's all.
I love you grandpa.

No comments: