Sunday, March 8, 2009

My not so cool first time in a hospital.

Ok so it all started Thursday night, I could feel myself getting sick, but thought nothing of it, just maybe that it was cause it was cold outside and wasn't really dressed for it being cold.
I woke up Friday morning feeling like CRAP. But figured if I took a shower I would be better. I got in the shower and it took all my energy away. I called my doctor (Baby Doctor) and they told me to call my regular doctor. So i called Dr. Voegele's office and he wasn't in and at the time I was going to go to Danielle's house so we could go see Jackson together. So I called her and spoke to Pat. He told me the only thing I could really do is take Tylenol and rest and NOT go see Lori at the hospital.

So I took some Tylenol and could tell I was getting worse. I think that was when I realized I could possibly have a fever. I texted Matt a crazy text because I was crying and couldn't really see what I was writing! I took a nap and still just felt horrible. I also noticed a decrease in baby's movement, but just waited to see what the rest of the day brought. I took some more Tylenol around 5, and Matt got home around 7 and we ate dinner. I felt alittle better and we watched some tv and then went up to bed. Around 3:30 I got the craziest chills I think I have ever had. I was freaking out and knew something was wrong. I was trying to get August to move because I hadn't felt him move until right before bed. I woke up Matt telling him how I was feeling and he told me to take Tylenol but I felt like I was taking too much and it scared me. After that I tried going back to bed, but I was waking up almost every hour to pee and the second I took the covers off I was shaking like crazy. At 6:30 I took my tempature and it was 100.7!

I got my doctors "procedure" book out and it said to call if your tempature was over 103, but I just knew something wasn't right since I still haven't felt August since the night before. I called the office and left a message with the answering service. Dr. Dillon called me back within 15 minutes and I told him what was going on, he told me to go to the hospital and they will call him once I get there and get checked out.

So we go to the ER entry at the hospital at 7 in the morning. Go settled in a REALLY uncomfortable bed by 7:30. The CNA took my blood pressure and hooked me up to a heartrate monitor. He looked at me and was like your heartrate is really high. He then hooked up the baby heartrate monitor, and the baby's heartrate was over 180! Then they took my tempature and it was 101.7.

They called Dr. Dillon and said to give me some Tylenol and just monitor me until he got there. I kept drinking galllllons of water and eating ice and Matt kept wetting a towel for me. It always made me feel alot better.
They hooked me up to an IV for fluid and gave me a vaginal swab to see if I was leaking fluid and they also checked my cervix (0, but soft). They also gave me an ultrasound, if anything was wrong with the baby they would have induced me that day, but everything looked fine.
To make a really long story short, my tempature went from 101 to 103 back to 99 back to 102 and it just never would stay down. After being there for over 12 hours, they finally let me go home!
My fever broke finally at like 4 in the morning. I woke up in a pile of sweat, but it felt good because I knew my fever was gone! Now I just have snot running out of my nose like crazy!
I feel better than yesterday and August is moving around a lot more than before, but I am still not 100%. I go back to the doctor tomorrow, so we will see what happens then.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts.

Krista.

3 comments:

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

That is scary, but I am glad you are ok!!!!

Erin said...

How scary!!! I'm sorry you had to go through that! I love you and I'll pray that August comes soon!

Grammy Pammy said...

I finally just read your blog to catch myself up with you. Glad you are better and your Mom and Dad are there now too. Anni said your Dr. appt. went well. Can't wait to hear more....xooxoxo